This course provides students hands-on experience with Windows 8. It provides guidance on installing, upgrading, and licensing for Windows 8. Students will learn how to manage storage by creating simple, spanned, and striped volumes, and how to optimize file-system performance. Additionally, they will learn how to manage available disk space by using quotas. Students will work with Windows tools and services to determine the source of performance and reliability issues, and to troubleshoot these issues.
At Course Completion:
- Plan and perform the installation of Windows 8.
- Install Windows 8 on computers that are running an existing operating system.
- Configure disks, partitions, volumes, and device drivers in a Windows 8 system.
- Configure network connectivity.
- Install, configure, and maintain wireless network connections.
- Implement Windows 8 technologies to secure network connections.
- Share files and printers.
- Implement tools and technologies that can help secure Windows 8 desktops.
- Configure and control applications in Windows 8.
- Optimize and maintain Windows 8 based computers.
- Configure mobile computer settings and to enable remote access.
- Create and configure virtual machines in Hyper-V for Windows 8 and describe how to use it to support legacy applications.
- Determine how to recover Windows 8 from various failures.
- Describe how to use Windows PowerShell to manage Windows 8.
Configuring Windows 8 Setup Guide Trainer HandBook 2012 RETAiL eBOOK-LMS – High Speed Download